Make Florence Your Classroom
Florence is the "Cradle of the Renaissance”, a place where art and culture thrive, an easily navigable, photogenic, and diverse city, punctuated by elegant style, hedonistic culinary experiences, and historical architecture. Foodies, fashion enthusiasts, history buffs, art lovers, and those with a passion for language learning will feel at home living, studying, and interning abroad here.
CAPA Florence students study beneath stunning frescoes painted on the ceilings of Palazzo Galli-Tassi, a very centrally located 15th century palace in the Santa Croce neighborhood.
- The central cathedral, Il Duomo, took 140 years to build
- Was the first European city with paved streets
- Voted “Best City in Europe” by Travel + Leisure readers
- Growing African and Asian population
- 1/3 of the world’s art treasures are here, according to UNESCO
- Is known as the “Cradle of the Renaissance”
- Average temperatures: 45°F (Jan) - 77°F (July)
- Currency: Euros
- Population: 380,000 (city); 708,000 (greater metropolitan area)
Go Beyond With CAPA in Florence
Tour the CAPA Florence Center
Learn About Studying with CAPA in Florence
Explore the diversity of cosmopolitan Florence with our My Global City events: walk through secret rooms at Palazzo Vecchio, learn to cook an Italian specialty for dinner, or go for a hike in the Tuscan hills.
CAPA's Florence Center LocationExpand+
- Via dei Pandolfini, 20, 50122
From our Resident Director
CAPA Florence Resident Director