Make Barcelona Your Classroom
Barcelona is a diverse and welcoming Mediterranean city where sun warms long stretches of sandy beaches most of the year, surreal Gaudí architecture lines the streets, and tapas are enjoyed al fresco in open plazas. Soccer fans, foodies, history buffs, lovers of art, culture, and design, and those with a passion for language learning will feel at home living, studying, and interning abroad here.
CAPA Barcelona students study at the CEA CAPA Center, located downtown in Placa de Catalunya, near Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter. Students on our direct enroll program study at the centrally located Universitat Pompeu Fabra Barcelona (UPF).
- One of Europe’s greenest cities, with 68 parks
- A hub for start-up companies
- One of the world's most LGBTQIA-friendly cities
- Has four miles of sandy beaches
- Two official languages: Catalan and Spanish
- Has 55 museums covering topics as diverse as Lego, funeral carriages, and soccer
- Average temperatures: 49°F (Jan) - 74°F (Aug)
- Currency: Euros
- Population: 5.5 million
Discover Barcelona before you go with our Barcelona City Guide. Get to know the city, the lifestyle, the language, and more, as written by our local staff and students.
Learn About Studying with CAPA in Barcelona
Go Beyond with CAPA in Barcelona
CAPA's Barcelona Center LocationExpand+
- Pl. de Catalunya, 20, 2
From our Resident Director
CAPA Barcelona Resident Director